Bristol darlings Massive Attack have announced that they will be playing songs next to what will undoubtedly be one of the biggest car parks in the whole of the Bristol and South Gloucester area next year.
The event, which will mark the opening of the newest car park in Filton, will be the first time that Massive Attack have played in Bristol since 2016, when they played to a crowd of 30,000 at The Downs Festival, which had no car park.
It is believed that the car park will have ample room for hatchbacks, 4-wheel drive cars and even people carriers, however it has not yet been confirmed if it will operate as a pay and display or if you will have to put a ticket in the barrier when you leave.
In addition to celebrating the opening of the car park, Massive Attack will also be celebrating the 21st anniversary of their classic album, Mezzanine.
“We really wanted to do something to mark 21 years, because we forgot to do something last year for the 20th anniversary,” said Massive Attack’s Robert ‘3D’ Del Naja.
Originally planned to be held in the Brabazon Hangar, the grand car park opening concert will now be held on 1 March 2019, in a custom-made temporary shed.
“Unfortunately the Brabazon Hangar failed its health and safety inspection, so we can’t do the music in there. But there’s still plenty of other things it could be used for. You could put a rake in it, for example,” said Frederick Durston, managing director of YTL Arena Operations.
Tickets for the car park can be bought in advance for £16.50 each from Friday, 2 November. Those wanting to use the car park and see the band will have to pay an additional £53.44 per person.